Warehouse Lead (Greer, SC)
GT Logistics Group is seeking a Lead to manage our warehousing & logistics operations in our Greer, SC location.
We are looking for an organized, experienced warehouse manager to supervise the receipt, dispatching, and storage of goods in our warehouse. This person would oversee all operations for picking, storing, receiving, and shipping/dispatching goods, as well as tending to maintenance needs, safety concerns, security management, and administrative functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing and distribution operations
- Implementing operational policies and procedures
- Implementing and overseeing security operations
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment
- Motivating and disciplining staff
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of condition and location of fleet vehicles
- Supervise warehouse staff, and ensure that safety protocols are followed
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot equipment
- Monitoring efficiency, taking steps to improve performance where necessary
- Prepare and process all paperwork relating to shipping and carting
- Assist and support warehouse administrative staff in maintaining and updating inventories
- Order and receive equipment and materials
- Prepare and process invoices
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities
Qualifications Include (but not limited to):
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures
- Excellent inventory management skills
- Proficient knowledge of inventory controls and logistics software programs
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Available to work extended hours.
- Ability to lift or move heavy products (50 lbs+)
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
Not seeing an open position that interests you? Submit an application and we’ll reach out if we have a positioning opening that may be a good fit.